Monday, March 10, 2014

the roof!

So they started on the roof this past Friday! I wanted to wait to post until they made more progress to do a post, and they are definitely making progress!

We are having Travis Skimmerhorn of Skimmerhorn Contracting do the roof. They have been great with working around the weather and us needing to get the holes covered up in case of rain! So on Friday/Saturday they pretty much reconstructed the entire back of the roof. They had to take off both layers of shingles (the original wood ones and the asphalt ones), put up plywood, and then re-shingle it all.

I should have gotten on top of the garage to show the wooden slats in more detail, but I didn't think of it! There are shingles everywhere.


Here is an upclose of the old "slats" they used originally. You can also see the plywood they are putting over it.


Here they are working on getting the paper down over the plywood before it starts raining.


 So high up--they were scaring me!


 Andddd the new roof! It looks REALLY gray in the picture but its actually quite black.


Here is the work that they did today! They worked on the front and right side. I really hope they get the other side done before it rains on Wednesday! I'm sure they will!!



That's it for today! It's late and it has been a long day, so I'm ready for bed :)

I hope you all had a great Monday!!

-Katie



2 comments:

  1. Whenever there is a roofing project going on, there are lots of nails! Hope they made good progress today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know! We are going to have to get a metal detector of some sorts after this is all done and rake the yard with it to try to get it all up! They did make a lot of progress today, and I will try to post some pictures tomorrow!

      Delete