Sunday, April 13, 2014

yard work!

Starting on Thursday, we tore out almost all of the landscaping in the front. We want a fresh start to do a landscaping of our own. Plus, a lot of the landscaping was haphazard, depending on what survived the last year or so without being cared for. We were concerned with how much we would end up spending to redo everything. However, the yard really needed it and I know that next year I'm not going to want to do a major re-haul two months before the wedding. So we talked about it, we went to Watkins to see what we could accomplish with our budget, and then we decided to go ahead and move forward with the project. Here is the before:







Granted, these pictures were a little while ago so they had a little more green on them, but they were pretty still scraggly, and there was a gap in the bushes on the right, which is what the close-up is of. We also took out the pavers that formed two squares, one on each side of the sidewalk. I wasn't crazy about them, plus it makes mowing a little more of a hassle. Lastly, it's just another thing to landscape which means more money!! So here are the afters:



So now everything is clear. Leo is going to spray the yard where we are going to plant with weed killer (they are everywhere!) and then we will hopefully start on planting this weekend! Also, we bought our first lawn mower for the house, which I really did not enjoy! It was so expensive for something so boring and basic. I could think of a million other ways I want to spend that money right now. Oh well, a welcome to home ownership I suppose! However, we do have some beautiful blooms coming up on the side of the house!





Soon (hopefully tomorrow!), I will do another post, which I am super excited about. We did a lot of work on the master bedroom this past week! Actually, I should say my Dad did a lot of work on the master this past week :) Leo and I did the work outside while my Dad worked mainly inside, though I did get a chance to help out a little bit Friday afternoon! I love how its turning out so far, even in it's rough form!

-Katie



0 comments:

Post a Comment